1. TIL: “Politicians in Belgium have been unwilling to cobble together a workable coalition since the June 2010 election, leaving the nation of 11 million without any political leadership for a record-setting eight months.” So the citizens of Belgium held a naked protest day.
2. The BBC’s Misfits is a good show and you should watch it. Luckily you can, for free, on Youtube.
3. Jason Isaacs has been cast in an NBC pilot, REM, which is being described as Inception meets your standard cop drama. Only in this one, Isaacs wakes up from an accident to discover he is living in two different realities! So not like Inception at all. Poor Jason Isaacs. He deserves so much better.
4. The new incarnation of Beavis & Butthead will tackle “Jersey Shore, UFC matches and user-generated videos from YouTube, in addition to music videos.” So basically, the best thing ever.
5. The L.A. Times has a story about Adult Swim’s success.
6. How much information is there in the world? Not surprisingly a lot.
7. The whole world stands with the protesters in Madison, Wisc. Ian’s, a popular pizza place has been giving pies away based upon donations from around the world.
The blackboard behind the counter lists the “countries donating” as “Korea, Finland, Egypt, Denmark, Australia, US, Canada, Germany, China, London, Netherlands, Turkey” and has the abbreviations for all 50 states listed below, with donating states circled. As of Sunday afternoon, 38 states had been marked as contributors.
8. Zelda: The Animated series is now available on Hulu.
9. Hesher trailer, which is a new flick starring Natalie Portman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It hasn’t gotten great reviews, which is usually the only thing that can rescue little, offbeat movies like this. The reviews have been mostly positive however.
10. Unless Scarlett Johansson decides to go topless in Iron Man 3 or The Avengers, there’s no way any Marvel movie with the Black Widow character in it can possible top the efforts of French-Canadian director/animator Patrick Boivin with “Black Widow Gone Wild.” [via]