Not much of a weekend to speak of. Watched a lot of football and even found some time to check out the flick Dig! The movie follows the diverging career paths of The Dandy Warhols and Brian Jonestown Massacre. What fascinated me about the flick is how it was really a documentary about the mercurial Anton Newcombe and his disfunctional band BJM through the lens of the less talented but more successful Dandy Warhols.
If you’re a fan of behind the scenes rock documentaries, this one is a gem. Without further ado some stories to get you going on this Monday morning (which may now be lunch break for all you east coast readers… still haven’t figured that one out yet)…
– AICN has some cool creature designs from the upcoming The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
– Ryan’s Smashing Life has a quick look at yet another new Ryan Adams album. This time it’s only a seven song EP titled “Follow the Lights” and will feature backing band The Cardinals. Another new album. Why aren’t we surprised?
– The renowned French mime Marcel Maceau died over the weekend. He was 84.
– Resident Evil: Extinction was tops at the boxoffice over the weekend, which now means we’ll have to sit through a fourth movie in this turgid frachise.
– Sally Field has been cast as Mary Todd Lincoln in Stephen Spielberg’s Abraham Lincoln project. She joins Liam Neeson, who will be portraying The Great Emancipator.
– Jason Bateman has joined the cast of State of Play, along with fellow actors Brad Pitt and Ed Norton. The flick centers around two newspapermen investigating the death of a politicians girlfriend. Sounds like a great political thriller.
– Radiohead are slowly leaking information about their upcoming seventh LP via hieroglyphs? Apparantly fans have cracked the code on their website. Where’s Tom Hanks and his mullet when you need him?
– Oasis mastermind Noal Gallagher is celebrating the birth of his second child… which means Liam is an uncle again. God that’s a scary thought.
– Meg White the drummer for the White Stripes may or may not be involved in a sex tape. Gorilla vs. Bear is pretty certain it’s not her, but it really adds to the rumors for why The Stripes cancelled their recent tour. Certainly a leaked sex tape would give Meg “acute anxiety.”
– United Auto Workers have gone on strike and we raise a fist in solidarity for them.