It’s that time when the tab attic has become so stuff with link goodness that I have no choice but to just dump them all here for your pleasure. Hope you find something of interest!
1. This moody, noirish shot of the Matterhorn was one of the winners of the 2012 National Geographic Photo Contest.
2. Elizabeth Wurtzel proves to be the queen of the humble brag. I don’t even know what he latest essay for New York Mag is “about” — probably because it’s solipsistic garbage.
5. Stop what you are doing and watch Bill Cosby on Jimmy Fallon. You’ll thank me later.
6. Nvidia is making its own gaming system, code named “Project Shield.”
Today, it has its own gaming device: a Tegra 4-powered handheld system with both an integrated controller and screen. It does 4k. But what the hell is it, exactly?
Nvidia says the device, nicknamed “Project Shield,” will pack a 10-hour battery life, audio quality on par with a Jambox, a console-quality controller (bumpers, triggers, analog sticks, and a d-pad), and of course it runs Android. No skin. In the back you’ll find plenty of ports: HDMI, micro-USB, microSD, and audio-out. So far, so good—but when you walk a bit further, all you see is excess.
7. I don’t know about you, but I would love to own a Custom Classic Movie Action Figure — especially the Mola Ram one from ‘Temple of Doom’.
8. What do Apple and Google need to do in 2013 when it comes to mobile? James Kendrick attempts to answer.
9. “It’s like, how much more metal could this be? And the answer is: none. None more metal.”
It’s not everyday you get to watch a group of robots cover Motorhead’s “Ace of Spades.” Then again, it’s more proof that robots are awesome.
10. Every wonder what Pi, yes, the never-ending number, sounds like?