I’m willing to be there are a few people out there that see the new trailer for the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie, Prince Caspian and their first thought is dang, that’s a bad ass Phish song. Myself included. But such as it is, Walden Media and Disney have gone ahead and made a sequel to the sorta okay The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It was a strictly family-friendly fantasy movie and though it looked pretty you never really felt like the Pensieve children were in any kind of real danger.
Hopefully that will change the second time around.
The Accidental Husband
Uma Thurman played a radio host on The Truth About Cats and Dogs and now she’s playing a love doctor in The Accidental Husband.
I think it might look dumber than the premise sounds. But someone fools Uma into marrying her and prevents her from marrying the man she loves, but then of course she falls in love with him. Kudo points for using Feist’s “I Feel it All” in the trailer.
Other Movie News
– Judd Apatow is producing a new movie with the usually suspects – Jack Black, Michael Cera, Oliver Platt, Vinnie Jones and David Cross – that takes place during biblical times. Year One will be directed by Harold Ramis. Plot details are being kept on the down low.
– The USA Today has some trippy ass pictures of the new Speed Racer movie. The trailer is set to debut tonight on Entertainment Tonight or in front of The Golden Compass.
– Everyone’s favorite slushy, Slusho has a new add campaign over on their Japanese website. I don’t get it, but I stopped using drugs a long time ago.
– Johnny Depp has a hand shake deal to star as bank robber John Dillinger in a new flick for director Michael Mann. Let’s hope this one turns into something more formal.
– Ed Norton is getting back to his roots, starring in a comedic thriller as a pair of twins, one an Ivy League Professor, the other a degenerate druggie. This thing is being directed by crazy guy Tim Blake Nelson.
– Harold and Kumar 2 gets the redband (18-plus NSFW) trailer treatment.? This one shows more promise and with Neil Patrick Harris back on board this one has to be at least marginally funny right?? The first movie was actually good and I think most people will begrudgingly admit it was a guilty pleasure.
– The producers of the latest Terminator movie are in damage control mode.? Even after securing Christian Bale to star as John Connor and McG to direct the fourth installment of this franchise, it seems that they still feel like they haven’t won over the general public.