Lotsa stuff to get to this morning and rather than try to do each of these by giving them the space to breath, we’re gonna smash them into one extended post and hope we hit everything. Today’s my birthday and per tradition that started in college I take the day off to celebrate me, which usually ends up in me getting drunk at noon and watching bloody disgusting movies that no one else will watch with me. I’m thinking about doing a Hostel Part 2 and 28 Weeks Later movie marathon.
So I’ll be shutting things down after leaving you with some good stuff today. We’ve got two movies reviews from the NW Film Fest to get up and a music premiere that I think you won’t enjoy, but you should find endearing.
I’d also like to give a warm happy birthday greeting to Dwight Gooden and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
On with the news:
– Kevin Smith is getting his inner Judd Apatow on. He’s cast Seth Rogan and Elizabeth Banks as the leads in his upcoming flick Zack and Miri Make a Porno. It’ll be nice to see some fresh faces from one comedy universe transplanted to another one.
– Tim Burton returns to Disney to direct a motion-captured version of Alice in Wonderland! Really would you want any other director doing this. He’s also going to direct a feature length version of Frankenweenie. All I can say is Johnny Depp for the Mad Hatter…
– MTV has footage from the upcoming DVD of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.
– Speaking of Harry Potter, Worst Previews has a behind the scenes video of the now-filming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. They’re just cranking these badboys out aren’t they?
– Hulk get angry and smash pretty girls! Just kidding, but the first trailer for the Eric Bana, Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson starring The Other Boleyn Girls has arrived.
– Guud, director McG has been locked into to direct the fourth Terminator flick: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.? Which was going to be called “Straight To Video” in its original draft.
– Speaking of cool trailers, did you like that transition?? How does this sound: Jackie Chan and Jet Li kick some ass in a martial arts picture titled The Forbidden Kingdom. ?
– The latest Cloverfield trailer has been pirated by a camera cellphone.? It’s not difficult to find on YouTube, but we seriously recommend you waiting for the non-pirated version when it hits either today or Monday.
– Jeff Bridges hints there may be a sequel in the works to everyone’s favorite movie growing up: Tron. ?
– Persepolis is an animated movie from France about the Iranian revolution and it’s in subtitles and it looks like American animation from 1935 but if you can get past all of that it also looks frakking awesome.